Here's a special birthday cake for my son's teacher. With a classroom decked out in Winnie the Pooh, we had the perfect idea for her cake. I stacked four layers of cake, and then went crazy carving the iconic honey pot. It's all covered in icing, with some icing "honey" dripping down the side. I twirled some wire and attached little fondant bees, giving the illusion of them buzzing around the pot. Of course you couldn't have the honey without Pooh being close by. He's all hand sculpted from fondant, sitting next to a fondant beehive, with a mouth full of honey. A little bee proped on his ear on toe seem to finish off the scene perfectly. I also made some cupcakes for the kiddos to enjoy, with fondant daisies and honey bees on top. Happy Birthday Mrs. Jarmusch!
Saturday, November 5, 2011
Winnie the Pooh
Here's a special birthday cake for my son's teacher. With a classroom decked out in Winnie the Pooh, we had the perfect idea for her cake. I stacked four layers of cake, and then went crazy carving the iconic honey pot. It's all covered in icing, with some icing "honey" dripping down the side. I twirled some wire and attached little fondant bees, giving the illusion of them buzzing around the pot. Of course you couldn't have the honey without Pooh being close by. He's all hand sculpted from fondant, sitting next to a fondant beehive, with a mouth full of honey. A little bee proped on his ear on toe seem to finish off the scene perfectly. I also made some cupcakes for the kiddos to enjoy, with fondant daisies and honey bees on top. Happy Birthday Mrs. Jarmusch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment